I’m new to Tudiabetes so I am still getting my feet wet and figuring out all the awesomeness of the organization. @diabeteshf shared the following challenge via twitter and I am never one to let a challenge go. Thus challenge accepted.
July Blog Topic: Little Engine That Could
Let’s think positively!
Write a post with 5-10 lines where each line begins with “I think I can…” in regard to your diabetes.
- I think I can help my kids remember to check their sugars during the crazy summer
schedule– lack of schedule.
- I think I can always say “good morning” “Hello” “How are you?” before I ask my kids what their sugars are.
- I think I can remember to help my kids log their sugars. (seeing the numbers written down on a log always results in better control)
- I think I can restrict a little more of my kids “lazy couch” time and encourage more active time (physical activity helps control sugars and increases the effectiveness of insulin)
- I think I can let go of just a little more guilt that it is my kids and not me that have diabetes.
- I think I can say thank you more often to all those individuals and organizations that have changed my life because of their involvement in the Diabetes Online Community.
- I think I can always advocate more.
9 thoughts on “The Little Engine That Could”
I KNOW you can. 🙂
Thanks Shannon – I try – sometimes I can sometimes I forgot but I always keep moving forward.
I am going to do this for tomorrows post. I need a day to think about some things I CAN do.
Read your post – your boy is awesome!
BTW, I am on Tudiabetes too under NitaCure.
saw that you friended me in my email – crazy couple days traveling – gonna log in tomorrow. nice to know you are in multiple places. love the DOC
Oo. Good point about saying ‘good morning’ before ‘what’s your bg?’ i think I can, I think I can….
notice I said I think I can – trust me I forgot and start with “did you check your blood sugar”
Oh yes, you can! 😀