July Blog Topic: Little Engine That Could
Let’s think positively!
Write a post with 5-10 lines where each line begins with “I think I can…” in regard to your diabetes.
- I think I can help my kids remember to check their sugars during the crazy summer
schedule– lack of schedule.
- I think I can always say “good morning” “Hello” “How are you?” before I ask my kids what their sugars are.
- I think I can remember to help my kids log their sugars. (seeing the numbers written down on a log always results in better control)
- I think I can restrict a little more of my kids “lazy couch” time and encourage more active time (physical activity helps control sugars and increases the effectiveness of insulin)
- I think I can let go of just a little more guilt that it is my kids and not me that have diabetes.
- I think I can say thank you more often to all those individuals and organizations that have changed my life because of their involvement in the Diabetes Online Community.
- I think I can always advocate more.