November is National Blog Posting Month. Starting November 1st I will be taking part in the 30 Day 30 Posts challenge as a Health Activist and Diabetes Awareness Advocate.
NHBPM 2012 (Link to sign up for National Blog Posting Month)
Now I know what your thinking – I have not posted much since July (maybe even June). Clearly I’ve gotten lazy or complacent. This is not true. I have just been overwhelmed – to the point that I could just as easily be blogging about depression and anxiety along with Diabetes. Seems the move has undone me. The thought of a move being my undoing makes me angry and sad. There are so many that suffer much bigger things – yet I would find myself completely unpredictable over the last few months – some days are good others I am ready to load up the van and drive back to Texas.
Things that have kept me sane are:
- Wednesday evenings spent with 30+ of my closest DOC (Diabetes Online Community) friends. If you haven’t attended a Wednesday night twitter chat with the DOC and you have diabetes or love someone who does please check it out. It is at 6pm ET – you can get the link here (scroll to bottom and click twitter chat) And while you are checking out the DSMA site – be sure to check out the monthly blog carnivals.
- I have a neighbor who is at least as crazy as me – she has welcomed us with open arms, her son is a great playmate for my boys and honestly she makes me laugh.
- A texting group I refer to as “The Hive”. It includes 5 of the most wonderful DOC members – they carry on conversations and when I can I jump in too. It is like having a pocket full of friends and they are always with me.
- Its fall and the leaves are changing – that doesn’t really happen to well in Texas. I love the smell of fallen leaves and crunch beneath my feet.
- I get to bake with pumpkin for the next few months (yes I know I could always bake with pumpkin but I like to save it for the fall).